Every day I look at the news, and I see the effect of the economic recession. A lot of people are losing their jobs. Companies are taking drastic measures to cut their losses and minimize their operation cost, resulting in many people being laid off.
The growing number of unemployed around the world has alarmed me a lot. I could not help but wonder what the chances are of losing my job due to the recession.
Even though I'm currently working on a steady stream of projects, I always believe that it is better to be prepared for the worst. If ever I were to lose my job, I have already made plans to keep myself productive while searching for another source of income.
Below are the following measures I have taken
- Market my Profession as an Architect. I currently have a few ongoing projects right now, but it is still not enough to rely on my profession as my primary income source. I have just recently started practicing my profession, and I am optimistic that someday this will become my primary income source.
- Look for freelance work as a 3D artist to supplement my income. I enjoy doing 3D architectural works. Besides creating 3D architectural renderings, I have enhanced my skills and learned how to develop other 3D models like furniture and cars.
- Monetize and market my blogs. I started blogging to communicate my thoughts and relieve myself of the pressure of my work and problems. Blogging has been a hobby of mine for the past few months, and I enjoy sharing things that I learned. Most of the things I write are a compilation of the article I learned from the net that is useful to me and will most probably help other people.
- Start a small business. There are a lot of small business ideas with minimal starting capital. Although venturing into this type of business will eat up my time, the rewards will also be great.
- Research more on online businesses. I have always believed that the internet is a gold mine just waiting to be explored. The only dilemma, like any other gold mine, is locating the right spot to mine. Sorting through all the opportunities and scams in the net has already become a hobby of mine. I have tried a few online businesses, and I have also experienced being scammed by some sites. I have learned from my experience, and I am now careful in picking investment websites.
- Buy and Sell. Whenever I want to buy something, I always see that I buy a particular item at the lowest price possible. This attitude has opened some opportunities for me to buy and sell items and earn a little profit.
Until I find a way to earn a steady stream of earnings, I will continue to look for other ways to supplement my current income. I hope this article will inspire you to look for ways to increase your earnings.